It has been 31 days since DT’s inauguration. I really feel as if I have remained in a state of shock since election night. I was so naive. I thought everyone saw his character flaws for what they were. I thought my friends and family could see through his facade of being a business man and instead see his inability to be a good business man. I thought he wore his failed business practices, lack of moral character and unintelligence as a suit that everyone could see. I kept waiting, waiting for them to see the light–to see that The Emperor was Naked and that suit was invisible.
During the election, everyday I thought–this would be the day. The day when the world, the people saw him for what he was. Would it be when (not listed in chronological order, just as I remember them):
1) He claimed he saw thousands of Muslims celebrating in the streets after 9/11–and it was a LIE (1)
2) When he mocked a NYTimes reporter’s disability (1)
3) Called Mexicans rapists
4) Stated that he would build a wall and have Mexico pay for it (silly me, I thought this was ridiculous and never imagined 1) people would chant “Build a Wall” or 2) that anyone including DT planned on following through with this)
5) Hillary started the birther movement–Jeez Louise–I am convinced DT ran only because of Obama’s roast at the White House’s Correspondence Dinner (watch Trump’s face–can you see it; he is seething)
6) Saying he liked people who were not captured in war when talking about war hero, John McCain (this from a man who not only never served by repeatedly deferred his enrollment)
7) Said there was blood coming out of her wherever, when talking derogatorily about Megyn Kelly
8) Attacked celebrities and other females (Carly Fiona) physical appearance
9) Said, “I do not believe in climate change”
9) Declared he knows more about ISIS than a US General (no General in particular–all generals)
10) Declared Putin a better leader than Obama
11) A fan favorite: “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose voters.” (Rally in Iowa, January 23, 2016) 
12) Encouraged his supports to “knock the crap” out of people recalling the better days when you could just punch people–and he went on to claim he would cover their legal fees (that did not incite any violence….uhmm, yes, yes it did)
13) Endorsed Tump Tower but claiming Mexicans make the best taco bowel (a pitiful attempt to make amends for the “Mexicans are rapists” comment–to now suggest they all work in kitchens and make a mean taco bowel)
14) Called Warren, Pocahontas (a jeer he has since returned to post election)
15) I don’t think anyone cares about my tax returns (by the way, I DO and so do MILLIONS of others and I imagine so does the FBI at this point–hiding any Russian payments?)
16) Calling Hillary a NASTY WOMAN (which has since become a battle cry)
17)–I wil end at his Pussycat incident because I am running out of time; there are just too many offensive things to list.
I thought everyone would choose the most qualified experienced candidate and put their personal feelings aside. I had one friend tell me that she could never vote for Hillary because of how she reacted with Bill’s infidelity when in office. The fact that DT has been married 3 times and had affairs on his wives and divorced them–not a problem but Hillary standing by Bill’s side when he was President enraged her. Many Americans judged Hillary through Bill and as I woman, as a married woman, I was baffled. Don’t my actions, my intelligence, my behavior matter. Will I, am I judged as an extension of my husband in business in life. My god! I love my husband but how he behaves, how he performs in his job, how he fathers–those are his actions. Ok–going off on a tangent here. I certainly want to return to this topic on another day but I will end here tonight.
Today was #NotMyPresident Day and I did not celebrate. I will continue to #Resist and I hope you will too.
Mother of 3
Colts Neck, NJ
1 Video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PX9reO3QnUA
2 The 155 Craziest Things Trump Said This Election, http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/the-155-craziest-things-trump-said-this-cycle-214420